Website Usage Terms and Conditions
Within these terms and conditions ‘The Phonics Nest,’ ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website, the term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of the website.
‘The Phonics Nest’ Commits to;
- The content of the pages of this website is for general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
By using this website you are committing to;
- ‘The Phonics Nest’ is designed to help parents and carers support their children at home. We do our very best to provide information of the highest quality which we feel parents and carers will find useful. This is based on years of experience teaching in the classroom (and as a mum to two small children)! The information provided on the website is to the best of our knowledge accurate and is subject to change at any time. If any inaccuracies do accidentally occur, the website will act to rectify these in a speedy manner.
- We commit to ensuring that the content of the website is updated and added to on a regular basis. If you have any special requests please let us know!
We will provide you with a monthly newsletter, providing ideas for reading, writing, play and language activities you can do at home.
- It may occasionally be necessary to suspend access to the website to that we can undertake repairs, updates or improve the service. We will endeavour to keep this time to a minimum and where we are able, will give prior notice.
- You acknowledge that if inaccuracies occur these are accidental. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or error to the fullest extent which the law provides.
- The content of the website and materials on it is owned by us and is subject to copyright. The term ‘materials’ extends to the videos, logo, design layout, reading lists, games, appearance and graphics. By using this website you are agreeing to respect the work which has gone into creating the content by not copying, reproducing or replicating it. In the event of this happening we reserve the right to terminate your membership without notice and pursue any legal remedies open to us.
- You agree not to use any part of any of the materials on this website for commercial purposes.
- Provide timely payment.
- In order to access the website you will have a personalised username and password. It is your responsibility to ensure these remain confidential and are not disclosed to unauthorised people.
- You commit to telling us if you feel that an unauthorised person is using your username and password to access the website.
- You will not knowingly misuse this site by introducing viruses, worms, trojans or anything else which will be maliciously harmful. You agree not to attempt to access the website, server or computer on which it is stored in an unauthorised manner. In the event of this happening we will refer you to the relevant law enforcement authorities.
- You will not link ‘The Phonics Nest’ page to any other website without the our express permission.
- Whole school subscriptions are for use of the teaching staff only. The username and password should not be shared with parents or pupils.
If a cheque supplied by a school is returned to us, we reserve the right to suspend the school account until payment is received.
- Our payments are managed by Stripe, who handle your financial information on our behalf.
- Membership is charged at £3 per month, payable monthly. You will be charged £3 a month until you advise us you wish to terminate your membership.
- In the case of schools, we charge £10 per month. This can be paid by debit or credit card monthly as with individual memberships. Alternatively, you can pay £120 annually by cheque or direct bank transfer.
Limitation of Liability;
- In line with consumer protection legislation you have a 14 day ‘cooling off’ period within which to cancel your membership. In order to do this, please use the ‘contact us’ area of the website. In this case, the monthly charge of £3 will be divided by the number of days you have used the website and the difference will be refunded to you.
- We don’t’ want to tie you into a contract. After this 14 day ‘cooling off’ period you can terminate your membership at any time giving 30 days notice. You can contact us using the ‘contact us’ link areas on the website and we will log your wish to terminate your membership. If a payment is scheduled during the 30 days, this will be your last and the membership will close 30 days after receipt of your request to terminate your membership. If you feel able to, we would appreciate you telling us why you wish to terminate, this is simply so that we can improve our service and does not affect your rights to terminate.
Information About Us;
- The nature of Internet communications means that your communications may be susceptible to data corruption, interception and delays. ‘The Phonics Nest’ shall not be responsible for any detrimental reliance you place on this website or its contents.
- ‘The Phonics Nest’ is providing this site and its contents on an ‘as is’ basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this site or its contents and disclaims all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- ‘The Phonics Nest’ makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness or suitability for any particular purpose of the information and related graphics published in this site.
- We take every step possible to ensure that the website is free from viruses or other malicious tech. We will not though, be liable for any losses or damages, directly or indirectly, which may occur due to the use of our website.
- The information provided on the website is to the best of our knowledge accurate and is subject to change at any time. However, the website may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. If any inaccuracies do accidentally occur, the website will act to rectify these in a speedy manner. All liability of ‘The Phonics Nest’ howsoever arising for any such inaccuracies or errors is expressly excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
- Neither ‘The Phonics Nest’ nor any of its Directors, employees or other representatives will be liable for damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this site in any way. This is a comprehensive limitation of liability that applies to all damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property and claims of third parties.
- ‘The Phonics Nest’ is the trading name of the website, which is currently run by Clare Bristow as a self- employed sole trader.
- Alongside the website, Clare Bristow works part time as an Assistant Headteacher in a school in the south of England. An experienced early years teacher she specialises in the teaching of early literacy skills across Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1.
We hope you find the website informative, useful and fun! We welcome any constructive feedback and if there are any topics you would like to see added to the website, please let us know!